Soil Moisture Level Sensor Module
This is a hygrometer sensor you can use with Arduino to measure the level of moisture in soil, or detect water level digitally.
- 1 x YL-38 LM393 sensor converter module
- 1 x FC-28 hygrometer fork electrode
- 2 x Female jumper wire
20 in stock
MH Sensor Series
A hygrometer for soil. This is an easy to use sensor module you can use to sense moisture content in soil, suitable for agricultural projects. It comes with a fork type electrode you can use to measure the electrical resistance of soil. The moisture content in soil affects its electrical conductivity, changing the resistance and therefore this can be sensed using the electrode and the sensor circuit.
Note : this sensor can works with both analog and digital mode. You can connect the analog output (AO) pin to Arduino to read the level of moisture in soil, or digital output (DO) to sense the threshold of soil moisture level. Adjust the potentiometer (a.k.a. trimmer) to set the digital output (DO) sensitivity.
- Comes with fork type electrode for measuring the moisture level
- The moisture content in soil affect the electrical resistance of soil
- The higher the moisture level, the lower the analog reading. You’ll need to calibrate the value by yourself following your case study.
- Logical IC : LM393
- Operating voltage : 3.3 – 5V
- Output current : ≤15 mA
- Adjustable sensitivity via potentiometer
- Comes with LED indicators for POWER and OUTPUT
- Fixed bolt holes for easy installation
|VCC||Power source||Connect to 3.3V or 5V of system|
|GND||Ground||Connect to GND of system|
|DO||Digital Output||Connect to any digital IO pin|
|AO||Analog Output||Connect to analog input pin|
Files & Documentation
|Dimensions||60 × 40 × 15 mm|