HC-06 Bluetooth Transceiver Module
One of the preferred bluetooth module for Arduino.
5 in stock
This module is commonly used with Arduino, great for starters who wants to build wireless projects!
Similar to HC-05 module, you can use this module to communicate between two microcontrollers like Arduino or communicate with any device with Bluetooth functionality like a Phone or Laptop. There are many android applications that are already available which makes this process a lot easier. The module communicates using USART protocol at 9600 or 38400 (default) baud rate hence it is easy to interface with any microcontroller that supports USART. We can also configure the default values of the module by using the command mode.
|Operating Voltage||3.6 – 6.0V|
|Signal Range||10 – 20 meters|
|Wireless Protocol||Standard IEEE 802.15.1|
|Mode of Operation||Master or Slave|
|Supported Baud Rate||9600/19200/38400/57600/115200/230400/460800|
|RX pin voltage||3.3V max.|
Only apply for RX pin on the bluetooth module, Arduino boards such as Uno, Nano and Mega board or other microcontrollers output 5V at their I/O pins. You need to use a voltage divider (1K + 2K resistor network) or logic level shifter to step down the 5V signal from microcontroller to 3.3V before feed it into RX pin on bluetooth module. TX pin on the bluetooth module outputs 3.3V signal and Arduino can perceive this voltage as HIGH, so stepping up this signal voltage is not required.
TXD : Transmitter pin, this pin must connect to RX pin of next device
RXD: Receiver pin, this pin must connect to TX pin of next device
There are 4 pins on the HC-06 module, namely VCC, GND, TXD, RXD.
The built-in LED on the module indicates the bluetooth connection,
|LED Blink Status||Meaning|
|Rapidly||Not connected to any device|
|Slowly||Entered AT mode|
|Twice||Connected to target device|
- The module has built-in features such as reverse polarity protection, 3.3V LDO regulator that convert any input voltages range from 3.6 – 6.0V into 3.3V. When it is not paired connection, the current consumption is 30mA, and when it is paired connection, the consumption is 10mA.
- Do not input voltage higher than 7.0V.
- Logic voltage level from the HC-06 module is 3.3V, it can be connected to any microcontrollers ranged from 8051, AVR, PIC, ARM, MSP430 and etc. MAX232 is not required for the serial communication.
- Effective open-space pairing range is 10 meters. Operating more than 10 meters range is possible but connectivity strength is not guaranteed.
- This module can be set to either MASTER or SLAVE mode, changing device name or password, or acquiring version information via AT commands