GY-BMP280 Barometric Pressure Sensor Module
This module is used with Arduino to get the reading of atmospheric pressure and temperature, therefore it can provide the reading for altitude (or height).
This module comes with unsoldered header pin, kindly contact us if you need soldering help.
5 in stock
Note : You’ll need a level shifter to use this module unless you are using 3.3V device (such as ESP8266, ESP-32S, Arduino Due, etc.) , otherwise directly connect the module to 5V device (such as Arduino Uno, Nano, Pro Mini, etc.) will put the module in damage risks.
BMP280 is an absolute barometric pressure sensor specially designed for small applications. The sensor module is housed in an extremely metal compact package. Its small dimensions and its low power consumption allow for the implementation in battery powered.
As its predecessor BMP180, BMP280 is based on Bosch’s proven Piezo-resistive pressure sensor technology featuring high accuracy and linearity as well as long term stability and high EMC robustness. Numerous device operation options offer the highest flexibility to optimize the device regarding power consumption, resolution and filter performance. A tested set of default settings for example use case is provided to the developer in order to make design-in as easy as possible.
- Pressure ranges : 300-1100 hPa (+9000m above & -500m below sea level)
- Operating Current : 2.7µA @ 1 Hz sampling frequency
- High precision : at low-power mode, the resolution is 0.06hPa (0.5 meters);
- Operating voltage : 1.71 – 3.5V
- Relative Accuracy : ±0.12 hPa, equiv. to ±1 m (at 25℃)
- Temperature Measurement Range : 0 to 65 ℃
- Temperature Accuracy : 0.01℃
- Operating Temperature range: ：-40 to +85℃
- Communication interface : I2C or SPI
- Dimension : 12 x 16 x 2 mm
|VCC||Power source||Connect to 3.3V of system|
|SCL||I2C serial clock||Connect to SCL or A5 pin, with level shifter|
|SDA||I2C serial data||Connect to SDA or A4 pin, with level shifter|
|CSB||Chip select (SPI Interface)||No connection|
|SD0||Serial Data Out (SPI Interface)||No connection|
Connecting GY-BMP280 to Arduino Uno via a level shifter module
Files & Documentation
- Datasheet – BMP280
- Example with code : Arduino Uno and BMP280 Sensor Example – Arduino Learning
- Tutorial : Arduino Nano Altimeter Using GY-BMP280 – Instructables
- Tutorial : GY-BMP280-3.3 Pressure Sensor Module Arduino Tutorial – Starting Electronics
Note : The tutorial given is not straightforward, please be patience while going through the tutorial to learn how to use this module as we haven’t tested this module yet.
|Dimensions||12 × 16 × 2 mm|