GY-273 HMC5883L Compass Sensor Module
This is a compass module you can use with Arduino to get magnetic field or 360º compass, but with 3.3V power source only.
This module is come with unsoldered pin, kindly contact us if you need soldering help.
5 in stock
This module comes with Honeywell HMC5883L surface-mount, multi-chip module designed for low-field magnetic sensing with a digital interface for applications such as low cost compassing and magnetometry. The chip includes high-resolution HMC118X series magneto-resistive sensors plus an ASIC containing amplification, automatic degaussing strap drivers, offset cancellation, and a 12-bit ADC that enables 1° to 2° compass heading accuracy.
This module uses I2C serial bus for easy interface with controller such as Arduino. HMC5883L chip utilizes Honeywell’s Anisotropic Magnetoresistive (AMR) technology that provides advantages over other magnetic sensor technologies. These sensors’ solid-state construction with very low cross-axis sensitivity is designed to measure both the direction and the magnitude of Earth’s magnetic fields, from milli-gauss to 8 gauss.
- Operating voltage : 2.16 – 3.6V (Use 3.3V only)
- Low Power Consumption : 100 μA
- 3-Axis Magneto resistive Sensors and ASIC in a 3.0×3.0x0.9mm LCC Surface Mount Package
- 12-Bit ADC Coupled with Low Noise AMR Sensors Achieves 2 milli-gauss Field Resolution in ±8 Gauss Fields
- I2C Digital Interface
- Wide Magnetic Field Range (+/-8 Oe)
- Fast 160 Hz Maximum Output Rate
- Enables 1° to 2° Compass Heading Accuracy
|VCC||Power source||Connect to 3.3V power source|
|GND||Ground||Connect to GND of system|
|SCL||I2C Serial Clock||Connect to SCL pin|
|SDA||I2C Serial Data||Connect to SDA pin|
|DRDY||Data Ready||No connection|
Files & Documentation
- Example code – eProLabs
- Arduino library file – Github
- Datasheet – HMC5883L
- Example code – Easy Arduino
|Dimensions||15 × 12 × 3 mm|